Amidst the Fire.



Amidst the fire.

From the tree, under which we stood awestruck to the end of the valley below we could not see, a blanket of mesmerising little miracles lay. A festival of lights in motion and eternal sound of silence.
To the 20 year old me, who'd witnessed her very first rainbow just a few months ago, this didn't feel anything less than fictional.
You can't anticipate a feeling regarding something you've never seen before. And you can't be in control of what you'll do when the moment does come. How will you? You just surprise yourself. As I did myself; in the middle of the road, somewhere amidst the valley. Hopping with a sudden blend of glee, excitement and absolute no idea of what to do next as I felt the warmth of that little glowing being between my hands. A successful attempt at getting hold of one.
But not for long. Sigh.

A surprised, taken aback by the natural artistry and a much excited me clung on to my best friend. Pointing innumerable times in every other direction and gasping every single time she missed the particular view I tried to show.
Every leaf twinkled like a Christmas tree and all of them gleamed in non-periodic waves of joy bringing series of baffled sighs and hushes and gasps from us, the merged-in-the-dark audience.
Every vehicle glided slow as a snail, in absence of lights or noises, looking for the slightest of hint and hope of sighting yet another magic show.
No screens came out.
No photography prevailed.
No connections with the world outside that seemed distant than any planet.
I saw something ahead of 'beautiful'.
I felt a little more alive.
I felt a little more complete.

Comments