A wrecked painting.


I'd almost forgotten myself,
Thought I'd never find the previous me after I lost myself and the person I lost myself to.
And to think someone would come around, picking up every shattered piece of mine, caressing them and sticking them together like a work of architecture,only better,was out of question.
But as life has showed me time and again, it is only when you least expect the prize, will it arrive.
Your arrival seemed like it was meant to be.
But to believe that someone so beautiful can coexist with me, again difficult.
As far as I can recall, I only pushed you, kicked your emotions off.The fear of fake, the fear of the wrong beholder, the ruins yet not remade.
Never letting you in. A wall so deep and so tall.
You took a step everyday, how did I never see it.
Everytime I looked at you,you seemed right where you were. And so I never left that page too.
But you'd slowly moved ahead, and there I was, the lost Rabbit.
Nevertheless, here you are. Here I am. Here we are.
Although, only you know, what you saw in this wreckage.
Something, I guess, for you stayed.
And hence, I survived.


Comments

  1. Seems like everywhere the heart-breaks have almost the same story to narrate. Awesome piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment