The Trepidation



I am scared, I am worried,
But not about the obvious things,
Not scared of depths, not claustrophobic,
Not the worried about life or scared of even death for that matter.
I Fear,
Fear that my smile might become just another curve.
My melodies might just become another monotonous sound.
My stupid jokes that you thought were cute,might become a sign of  immaturity.
My free lance dances might become a symbol of my childishness.
Every time I touch you might become a little too much,perhaps a hint of my clinginess.
Checking up on you every now and then,just a disturbance in your work,not a flag of care anymore.
Good Mornings,Good Nights just customary.
My texts way too long and not worth your time,
My audios a nuisance and not worth your struggle to find the earphones.
Long drives too weary and " what'll be so different anyway ",
Coffee dates minus me plus match is the better equation.
"How do I look ?", Another futile query,not an opportunity to flatter me anymore.
"Will you meet me today", yes, I need to ask, cause now you got better work to do and I got nothing to say anymore since my words are nothing but just words,no more an evidence of love.

-Akanksha Birari :)


Comments