Me too

That night when I slept, I felt my soul leave my body. The flashbacks haven't stopped since then, till now. At this very moment, as I try to spill out my notions, my body refuses to work the way it should. I could swear to all the gods and devils if you asked me to, that I had no say in it. How could I, I had no words at all. I was a child, yet to learn speaking. Oblivious to the acts being made and what they meant, I could only thank the spirits for racing my heart and telling me, "Run!". It's not that simple you know. It's not just a mistake. Not just a felony. It's a decision to ruin someone. The capacity to make someone question their own worth. The ability to convince them, their body is shameful. But did you just devastate my carcass, yes, carcass. For there was no life left in it. Or did you destroy my soul? For a lifetime I couldn't tell, cause I didn't know myself, what I truly feel. For all living years, colours were only a part of the artistic instruments. For decades, I was grey. Took me a while to realise, you were a nobody to wash off my colours. You were a incident, not a choice I made. You were inevitable, and I was caught in the situation.
For years, my eyes were closed.
Now they are open.

Comments